We are celebrating! Govt.nz is officially live and has begun a new stage in its real life journey.
Moving from beta to a fully live site
The Govt.nz team has been working hard alongside a large number of our agency colleagues. Here are a few stats to give you an idea on what has been involved on the way:
- 368 pages of content fact checked with 42 different government agencies
- 400 organisations listed in the new Government A-Z directory
- more than 100 hours spent with users carrying out user research
- 275,000 page views on the beta site and more than 100,000 visits
- in the first 6 months of 2014, use of the beta site doubled
Sharing and saying thanks
- South Australian Government
- Government of Canada
- Ontario Government
- 18F — U.S. General Services Administration
I congratulate New Zealand on reaching this milestone in its journey towards digital government. In Britain we are now digital by default. We are digitising our public services and redesigning them around users’ needs. The code for our award-winning GOV.UK website is open source and we are delighted that New Zealand has borrowed from it, customising it for the needs of its own citizens. We have learned a great amount from our co-operation with New Zealand and look forward to working even more closely in future.
This is just the beginningwww.govt.nz
Changes will be small and always about making it easier to find government information that is relevant, up to date and about our users.
Govt.nz is live and it is just the beginning. Tell us what you think.