Digital Executive Board
The Digital Executive Board oversees the implementation of the Digital Strategy for Aotearoa and its Action Plan.
The Digital Executive Board is hosted by Te Tari Taiwhenua Department of Internal Affairs.
What the Board does
Established as an interdepartmental executive board under the Public Service Act 2020, the Digital Executive Board leads and drives the implementation of the Digital Strategy for Aotearoa and its associated Action Plan.
It also oversees and coordinates the delivery of priorities in the Digital Economy and Communications portfolio more broadly.
The Digital Executive Board is accountable for:
- leading and driving implementation of the Digital Strategy for Aotearoa, including progress reporting
- taking a systems-level view by aligning and coordinating strategic, policy, planning and budgeting activities for the departments that support the Digital Economy and Communications portfolio
- supporting and assigning these departments to undertake priority work and cross-agency initiatives in the digital area.
Key documents and references
- Digital Executive Board Terms of Reference (September 2022)
- Digital Executive Board Operating Procedures
- Cabinet Paper establishing the Digital Executive Board (to be released)
- Sections 25–31 and Schedule 3 of the Public Service Act 2020 — New Zealand Legislation
Who belongs to the Board
Representatives from the following 4 agencies are involved in the Digital Executive Board:
- Te Tari Taiwhenua Department of Internal Affairs
- Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ (Chair)
- Hīkina Whakatutuki the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Te Tari o Te Pirimia me Te Komiti Matua Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet.
The Board is supported by a small team that provides:
- strategic leadership
- manages issues, risk and assurance activities on the Chair’s behalf
- provides secretariat support for the Board’s meetings.
The following documents relating to the Digital Executive Board have been released to the public:Members will also release digital-related information on their websites.
For Official Information Act requests and all other enquiries, email DigitalExecutiveBoard@dia.govt.nz.
Physical addressDigital Executive Board
45 Pipitea Street
Postal addressDigital Executive Board
PO Box 805