Digital Government Partnership
This is a partnership of agencies from across the public service that support the goal of a coherent, all-of-government digital system.
The partnership was set up in 2015 by the Government Chief Digital Officer (GCDO).
What the partnership does
- helps the GCDO and Government Chief Data Steward (GCDS) to develop and improve the digital and data system across the public service
- ensures the public service is aligned with the Strategy for a Digital Public Service and Data Strategy and Roadmap, and other relevant strategies.
How the partnership works
The partnership is led by a group of public service system leaders and chief executives — the Digital Government Leadership Group (DGLG).
The DGLG oversees government’s digital transformation, working with ministers, the Public Service Leadership team, and public service agencies to support New Zealanders to have seamless access to the government services they want and need.
- Paul James — Chief Executive, Te Tari Taiwhenua Department of Internal Affairs and Government Chief Digital Officer (Co-Chair)
- Rachael Milicich — Deputy Government Statistician and Deputy Chief Executive for Insights and Statistics, Stats NZ (Chair)
- Andrew Hampton — Director-General, Government Communications Security Bureau and Chief Information Security Officer (GCISO)
- Debbie Power — Chief Executive, Ministry of Social Development
- Naomi Ferguson — Chief Executive, Inland Revenue
- Iona Holstead — Chief Executive, Ministry of Education
- Gaye Searancke — Chief Executive, Land Information New Zealand
- Carolyn Tremain — Chief Executive, Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment and functional lead for Government Procurement and Property
- Ashley Bloomfield — Director-General, Ministry of Health
- Andrew Kibblewhite — Secretary for Justice and Chief Executive, Ministry of Justice
- Nicole Rosie — Chief Executive, Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency (NZTA)
- Dorothy Adams — Chief Executive, Social Wellbeing Agency
- Christine Stevenson — Comptroller, Customs
Secretariat — Department of Internal Affairs
The partnership is supported by a secretariat led by the Department of Internal Affairs.