Government Chief Information Security Officer
This role strengthens Government decision making around Information Security and supports a system-wide uplift in security practice.
Who holds this role
Andrew Hampton is the Government Chief Information Security Officer (GCISO), and is also the Director-General of the Government Communications Security Bureau (GCSB).
What the GCISO does
The GCISO is the government system lead for information security.
The GCISO’s work includes:
- coordinating the government's approach to information security
- identifying systemic risks and vulnerabilities
- improving coordination between ICT operations and security roles, particularly around the digital government agenda
- establishing minimum information security standards and expectations
- improving support to agencies managing complex information security challenges.