About the Improving Government Payroll Systems project
The Improving Government Payroll Systems project has 3 key focus areas to work on with government agencies to simplify payroll practices.
The purpose of the programme is to provide Ministers with assurance that:
- expenditure on payroll systems is warranted
- payroll project risks are managed
- payroll systems are fit-for-purpose and are provided at a reasonable cost.
The programme team will also work with government agencies to:
- collate their interpretations of the Holidays Act 2003
- adopt a common payroll process that reflects good practice.
Avoiding development of bespoke payroll processes and simplifying procurement for payroll systems will help government agencies save on costs.
Department of Internal Affairs All-of-government (AoG) Payroll Programme team: