About the Improving Government Payroll Systems project
The Improving Government Payroll Systems project involved working with government agencies to simplify payroll practices.
The purpose of the programme was to provide Ministers with assurance that:
- expenditure on payroll systems is warranted
- payroll project risks are managed
- payroll systems are fit-for-purpose and are provided at a reasonable cost.
The programme team also worked with government agencies to:
- collate their interpretations of the Holidays Act 2003
- adopt a common payroll process that reflects good practice.
Avoiding development of bespoke payroll processes and simplifying procurement for payroll systems will help government agencies save on costs.
The project was completed in September 2021. For more information, email the Government Chief Digital Officer (GCDO) — email@example.com.
Utility links and page information