Have your say
The New Zealand government is developing a Digital Strategy for Aotearoa and wants to know what you think is important for Aotearoa New Zealand’s digital future.
The Strategy will set out the goals, prorities and activities for the next 2 to 5 years, along with longer term results — out to 2031 and beyond. Our vision is:
Te whakaāhei i te puāwaitanga me te taurikura o te katoa o Aotearoa i roto i te ao matihiko.
Enabling all of Aotearoa New Zealand to flourish and prosper in a digital world.
The discussion document is built around 3 key themes that could form the structure for the Digital Strategy:
- Mahi Tika — Trust
- Mahi Tahi — Inclusion
- Mahi Ake — Growth.
Read the discussion document
Tell us what you think
We are keen to understand what you think is important for Aotearoa New Zealand’s digital future. We have included some questions throughout the discussion document to stimulate your thinking. Please do not limit your comments to answering these questions.
Discussion opens: 6 October 2021
Discussion closes: 5pm, Wednesday 10 November 2021
How to give feedback
You can share your ideas and have your say on Aotearoa New Zealand’s digital future by:
Attend virtual hui via Zoom in October and November 2021 (NZT):
- Virtual hui — Tuesday 12 October, 11am to 1pm (Registrations are now full)
- Youth virtual hui — Thursday 14 October, 9am to 11am
- Virtual hui — Tuesday 19 October, 3pm to 5pm (Registrations are now full)
- Māori virtual hui 1 — Thursday 21 October, 9am to 11am (Registrations are now full)
- Virtual hui — Thursday 28 October, 10am to 12pm
- Pacific peoples virtual hui — Friday 29 October, 11am to 1pm (Registrations are now full)
- Māori virtual hui 2 — Thursday 4 November, 3pm to 5pm.
- A maximum of 60 people can attend each virtual hui.
- Some virtual hui will focus on the needs of specific groups including youth, Māori and Pacific peoples. Anyone is welcome to join these sessions but should note that there will be a particular focus on those communities in each of those sessions. If your community has an interest in holding a separate discussion, please let us know.
For more information and to register for a virtual hui, email email@example.com.
When registering, please provide the following information:
- the virtual hui session you'd like to attend
- your second choice of hui if the limit of 60 people has been reached for your first choice.
Visit our online discussion. You'll need to register to have your say and then you can:
- explore the challenges and connected ideas
- add a new idea that isn’t already on the site
- comment on or rate other people’s ideas and get the conversation going.
Email your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post your mail submissions to:
Digital Strategy for Aotearoa team
Department of Internal Affairs
PO Box 805
Your feedback will go to a joint agency team and will be used to help inform the development of a Digital Strategy for Aotearoa over the months ahead.
The joint agency team comprises representation from the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Department of Internal Affairs, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, and Stats NZ.