Advice, guidance and requesting support for critical digital services
A working group has been set up to support government organisations to maintain critical digital services to the public during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who is involved in this work
The working group is led by the Government Chief Digital Officer (GCDO) at the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA) and is connected to the Government’s Operation Command Centre.
We’re working alongside the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) and Te Kawa Mataaho Public Service Commission (PSC) to identify critical services, issues and supply chain challenges that require immediate attention.
How we can support you
The GCDO working group is supporting government organisations by:
- fielding demand for equipment and services
- helping the vendor community to manage and prioritise ICT supply chains
- providing guidance to public servants about working from home
- developing a list of useful collaboration tools
- addressing agencies’ digital identity issues.
If your organisation needs support to maintain critical digital services, email: email@example.com.
Determining priorities of support
We’re giving priority support to the following essential sectors and services that are supporting New Zealand through the Alert Level 4 response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Accident Compensaton Corporation (ACC)
- Department of Corrections
- Inland Revenue (IR)
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE)
- Ministry of Education (MoE)
- Ministry of Health (MoH)
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Ministry of Justice (MoJ)
- Ministry of Social Development (MSD)
While we need to focus on the agencies that are providing essential services, we understand all government organisations are experiencing challenges and will do everything possible to support you with your requests.