The Digital Government Partnership (DGP) Innovation Fund is a $5 million contestable fund that invests in digital and data innovation. The fund provides an opportunity for for government organisations to collaborate and invest in early-stage, cross-agency pilots and prototypes.
What is the Digital Government Partnership Innovation Fund?
The Digital Government Partnership (DGP) Innovation Fund is a $5 million contestable fund that invests in digital and data innovation.
The fund provides an opportunity for government organisations to collaborate and invest in early-stage, cross-agency pilots and prototypes.
It’s administered by the Digital Public Service (DPS) branch at the Department of Internal Affairs.
Applications open: 14 September 2020
Applications close: 1 November 2020
Who is eligible?
Applications must be led by 1 of the following New Zealand public sector organisations:
- public service departments
- departmental agencies
- non-public service departments
- Crown entities.
Applications must show how the initiative aligns with government priorities and the Strategy for a Digital Public Service focus areas:
- integrated services for people and business
- leadership, people and culture
- new ways of working.
The initiative should also demonstrate:
- innovation — this fund is not for business-as-usual costs
- the level of cross-agency collaboration required
- benefits to the public service or sector that will support transformation
- costs and an outline of options for sustainable funding
- alignment with relevant standards, such as the NZ Government Digital Service Design Standard.
Application process and timelines
Steps in the application process.
- Identify a problem / opportunity and develop a Lean Canvas — a template is available on request.
- Contact the Innovation Fund team to work through the submission process.
- Submit your Lean Canvas by 1 November 2020.
- Applications are reviewed and initial feedback provided.
- Candidates chosen to progress to the next stage are invited to present ideas to a cross-agency panel of officials in mid-November.
- Successful applicants will be notified in early December 2020, and the funds will be released after this to allow initiatives to commence.
Find out more
For more information about the Innovation Fund and application criteria, including guidance for applicants visit Digital Government Partnership Innovation Fund.
To apply or if you have any questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
17 September 2020