The Retrieval Service allows authorised government agencies to electronically submit identity information for matching against official databases.
How the service operates can be configured to meet the individual business needs of your agency.
The Retrieval Service is an identity enquiry system.
How it works
- your agency enters basic identity information about an individual, for example name and date of birth
- the service returns additional information from multiple sources — currently Passports, Births & Citizenship datasets — such as address and place of birth.
The service will also identify any partially matched records.
The Retrieval Service is delivered via a customised Data Access Platform.
Key benefits include:
- enquiries can be made in real-time
- exact matches or partial matches are returned
- batch enquires can be submitted
- reduced risk — Identity crime can be combatted more effectively by leveraging off different agencies’ identity information to confirm an individual’s identity from a central source
- reduced overall business costs — reduced reliance on expensive manual checking processes and adoption of a more reliable common ICT capability
- improved data quality and business services — identity information is matched against the authoritative source.
Te Tari Taiwhenua Department of Internal Affairs
Adopting the service
Contact email@example.com to discuss your agency’s requirements.
How inputs and responses are configured will be set-up at agreement level between the asserting agency and the receiving agency.
- enabling legislation, or
- an Approved Information Sharing Agreement.
Agencies integrate to the service via an Oracle B2B gateway using encrypted AS2 messaging.
Lead Agency Agreement summary
- Managed Service