The GovTechTalent Graduate Programme is about utilising and developing talented individuals who want to shape the digital future of government — for the benefit of New Zealanders.
The Government is redesigning its services and processes so that it can better serve its customers. Our graduates play a role in enhancing the service experience for New Zealanders. They are helping shape the digital nation.
The programme is for people who appreciate that ‘Digital’ is a different way of thinking. While technology supports change, Digital is a change in thinking to understand the customer, redesign business processes, and integrate services across agencies.
About the programme
The graduate programme takes place across an 18-month period.
Graduates go through 2 rotations — each 9 months long — at various participating government agencies.
What the graduates have to say
‘I am learning skills that are relevant in the modern workplace, and I’m developing relationships and experience that will put me in a good position to pursue my goals into the future.’ (Chris McDowall, GTT Graduate)
They also told us what they enjoy about the programme:
- Exposure to a number of different business areas, projects, areas of interest, ways of working.
- Experiencing real time effects of their work benefiting New Zealanders.
- The social nature of the programme, working with the other graduates.
- Ongoing coaching and mentoring to guide their career development.
- The meaningful work and working with many talented leaders in the industry
For more information contact GovTechTalent@dia.govt.nz.