Managing content in a project environment
Most web redevelopment projects will involve either migrating content from an old site, or rewriting content for the new site. You might end up with a combination of both.
Moving or creating content is usually a large piece of work. It can involve:
- analysis, and decisions about what to keep or archive
- developing a style guide, and an understanding of voice and tone, so any new content is written consistently
- being involved in CMS design decisions, so that the content entry templates meet your needs
- engagement with the content owners, or subject matter experts
- working out how the new website will be managed going forward.
No two projects are the same, so no template or checklist will be perfect for every project. However, there are some things that should be considered when planning how you are going to deal with the content aspects of your project. We've provided some descriptions and templates to help you.