Guidance and templates
Agencies are encouraged to use the template for completing their operations assurance plans.
ICT Operations Assurance Plan template (Word 83KB)
Contact us if you need an accessible version of the template.
Alternatively, agencies may use any format for their plan provided it includes the following elements:
- Internal endorsements (CIO, CRO/Risk/Assurance, CE as appropriate)
- Context on the plan’s objective and outcomes
- Description of the approach taken to developing the plan
- Decisions or assumptions (for example, decisions on the scope of assurance, trade-offs, known gaps)
- Demonstrated linkage to the most significant risk areas for the business
- Reference to good practice standards consulted during the risk assessment
- Clarity on assurance accountabilities and responsibilities
- Description of how the plan will be monitored and how results will be reported
- Detailed schedule of assurance activities
- Assurance budget.
Example ICT Operations Assurance Plan
This is a populated example of an ICT operations assurance plan that includes illustrative assurance activities during the course of a year.
ICT Operations Assurance Plan example (Word 130KB)
Contact us if you need an accessible version of the example.