Optional NZ government agreements and contracts with access to public cloud services
All-of-government agreements and Marketplace contracts simplify the contractual process and reduce the costs of public cloud services.
Benefits of all-of-government agreements and Marketplace contracts
All-of-government agreements and Marketplace contracts:
- simplify the contractual process — taking less time to agree on terms for acquiring public cloud services
- reduce the costs of public cloud services — leveraging the scale of New Zealand’s government organisations as a single customer.
Assess the risks before using optional all-of-government agreements and Marketplace contracts
For the information system you’re looking to use with these agreements or contracts, you’ll still need to do a risk assessment. It's needed to account for factors that are unique to your:
- information system
- business context.
Check for certification documents you can use
You can use certification documents to help with your risk assessment of using either:
- an all-of-government agreement
- a Marketplace contract.
To get these, contact the security team at the Department of Internal Affairs at email@example.com.
Current all-of-government agreements
- Amazon Web Services Cloud Services Agreement
- Catalyst Cloud Framework Agreement
- Human Resources Information System
- Microsoft Cloud, Software and Services Agreement
- Oracle Software Framework Agreement
- SAP Cloud Framework Agreement
- TechnologyOne Cloud Framework Agreement
Marketplace — Software-as-a-Service contracts
Marketplace offers Software as a Service (SaaS) from providers who have gone through their security and risk assurance process. This includes the provider’s answers to the cloud risk assessment tool, which should help with your risk assessment for your information system.
SaaS providers on Marketplace
The providers listed on Marketplace offer applications in areas such as:
- data analytics
- shared working
- digital publishing
- project management
- online marketing.
Register to see the full list
To see the full list of providers of public cloud services on Marketplace, you need to either:
- check with your organisation’s procurement team to see if it’s already an agency member of Marketplace
- register with Marketplace as an agency.
More information — Cloud Capabilities Network
The Government Chief Digital Officer has set up a network for learning about using public cloud services. The Cloud Capabilities Network includes sharing resources among its many benefits.