Domain name application form
This application form template includes important guidance and context.
It will ensure you've provided enough information for the Domain name service team to make an informed decision.
Domain name portal user guides
The ‘On-boarding to the new DNS portal guide’ covers how to set up your account and on-board the rest of your team if you used a previous version of the management portal.
- On-boarding to the DNS management portal guide (HTML)
- On-boarding to the DNS management portal user guide (PDF 1.04MB)
These domain and zone management instructions offer a quick overview of setting up a new domain or zone in the Domain name portal provided by Liverton Security.
- Domain and zone management in the DNS management portal (HTML)
- Domain and zone management in the DNS management portal (PDF 180KB)
Policy for the Moderation and Registration of .govt.nz Internet Domain Names
The moderation policy has information about the .govt.nz name space, moderation and registration process.
Terms and conditions
By applying for a name in this space, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions associated with this name space, and the standard terms and conditions required by the Domain Name Commissioner (DNC).
The office of the Government Chief Digital Officer has prepared a Service Security Certificate (SSC), which summarises the risk position of the government DNS platform and has been accredited by the Department of Internal Affairs.
The SSC covers the registrar function, the government domains portal and the government nameservers operated by Liverton Security. It doesn't apply to other external nameservers if you choose to use them.
If you'd like to view the SSC or find out more about the security position of the platform, contact the contact the Domain name service team.
Your organisation is responsible for:
- reading and understanding the risks identified as part of the DNS service certification process
- assessing the risks associated with the DNS service
- ensuring your organisation's internal Certification and Accreditation processes are complied with.
Within the Domain name portal, organisations are responsible for:
- adding and removing their users of the management portal
- any changes their users make through the management portal.