The Marketplace makes it easier, quicker and more cost-effective for government to access a full range of digital capabilities and for suppliers to deliver them. The Marketplace was developed with the local ICT industry and government agencies.
The first phase of the Marketplace provides agencies with access to innovative public cloud services. It is open to all eligible agencies and public cloud suppliers.
When the Marketplace's business processes and functions have been validated, it will be available to other sectors, services and industries.
- simplifies procurement and security assurance processes, allowing agencies to focus on value and citizen engagement
- gives agencies more choices
- helps agencies to access innovation
- reduces the costs and time of procurement
- provides security for agencies and suppliers.
- supports a more open, digital government
- supports the Government ICT strategy.
By default, access to the Marketplace website is open to anyone. This means anyone can view the catalogues and see the available products and services. However, only staff designated by each agency can view all of the pricing and the associated terms and conditions of supply, and select and purchase services.
Agencies need to register for access.
All suppliers are welcome to join the Marketplace, whether you are a New Zealand or overseas company.