Guidance and templates for portfolio, programme and project assurance
Guidance and templates to support government organisations to implement a fit-for-purpose assurance approach for their digital investments.
Understanding your assurance accountabilities
These resources will help Senior Responsible Owners (SROs) understand the value of assurance and the Government Chief Digital Officer (GCDO)'s core expectations for good assurance practice:
Assurance guidance for Senior Responsible Owners of digital investments — pocket guide (PDF 127KB)
Developing your assurance plan
These resources will help you develop a fit-for-purpose assurance plan based on a clear understanding of delivery risk and the outcomes being sought:
Maximising the value of independent assurance reviews
These resources will help you create a comprehensive engagement terms of reference for an independent assurance review, and to select the right provider with the right experience to deliver a high-quality review:
Ensuring high quality assurance information
The quality of assurance reports is critical to make well-informed decisions. Use these resources to review the quality of assurance reports:
Overseeing assurance activities and recommendations
- How will progress against the assurance plan be monitored at the governance level?
- How will the status of issues raised in assurance reports be tracked and reported at the governance level?
Capturing lessons learned
At the end of a stage (tranche / phase / iteration / increment):
- conduct a post implementation review to identify lessons learned
- share your lessons learned with us to:
- help inform a system-wide view of trends
- share examples of working ‘smarter’ for other government organisations to use.