We’re celebrating Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) on 18 May by hosting an online event for public servants to share their experiences and insights about creating an accessible digital public service.
GAAD is a day to celebrate and recognise the importance of digital access and inclusion, and the 24% of New Zealanders who identify as disabled.
10am to 11.30am on Thursday 18 May 2023
Online — via Microsoft Teams
Anyone in the public sector
Register for the event
Let us know if you have any accessibility requirements.
There’ll be some exciting updates from the Web Standards team at Te Tari Taiwhenua - Department of Internal Affairs (DIA) and the Digital Accessibility team at the Ministry of Social Development (MSD).
This will be followed by a panel discussion where we’ll tackle some interesting questions:
- Artificial intelligence and accessibility — what does the future hold?
- What are the challenges and opportunities in creating accessible digital workplaces?
- How can agencies work together for collective impact?
- Dr. Solmaz Nazari — Accessibility Specialist, Wellington City Council
- Jo Orange and Mike Lloyd — Digital Accessibility Specialists, MSD
- Callum McMenamin — Web Standards Consultant, DIA
If you have any questions that you’d like included in the panel discussion, feel free to email us — email@example.com.
04 May 2023