The Strategy and programme of work
With 4 key outcomes and 5 digital focus areas, see the Strategy and its programme of work.
Read the full strategy and programme of work
Our vision — tā mātau whāinga
The public service is modern at its heart and all New Zealanders are thriving in a digital age.
He moroki te āhua o te rāngai kāwanatanga, ā, kei te momoho te iwi whānui o Aotearoa i te ao matihiko.
4 key outcomes
The 4 outcomes we’re working towards:
- Better results for New Zealand through a digital public service
- New Zealanders’ experience with government improves
- A modern, agile and adaptive public service
- A strengthened Māori–Crown relationship
5 digital focus areas
The 5 digital focus areas that will position us to achieve our vision:
- Integrated services for citizens and businesses
- Leadership, people and culture
- New ways of working
The Strategy seeks to enable the public service to use the right tools and the right approaches for the right job. It doesn’t set out to create rigid rules for tomorrow.
It’s committed to the unified public service, and focuses on the people, behaviours and government system settings that will enable a modern public service to implement, adapt and grow in a rapidly changing environment.
If you’d like to receive updates to the Strategy, programme of work and related guidance — contact firstname.lastname@example.org.