System Assurance team
Supports the Government Chief Digital Officer
All-of-Government Portfolio, Programme and Project Assurance Framework
Understand how to implement a fit-for-purpose assurance approach for your digital investments.
Effective assurance provides confidence to your Chief Executive and other key stakeholders, including Ministers, that the expected investment outcomes and benefits will be achieved.
This framework is mandatory for public service departments, non-public service departments, district health boards and certain Crown entities (ACC, EQC, NZQA, NZTA, HNZC, NZTE, TEC).
- Senior Responsible Owners (SROs) and governance bodies
- project and programme managers
- internal audit functions
- enterprise portfolio or programme management offices (EPMOs)
- Improves governance and decision-making
- Clarifies assurance roles and responsibilities
- Improves delivery confidence
- Reduces the compliance burden on delivery teams
- All-of-Government Portfolio, Programme and Project Assurance Framework
- Pocket guide: Assurance guidance for SROs of digital investments (PDF 456KB)
- Pocket guide: Understanding the value of assurance for digital investments (PDF 191KB)
- Pocket guide: Principles of good assurance and lessons learned for digital investments (PDF 291KB)
- Guidance and templates for portfolio, programme and project assurance
Utility links and page information